Friday, October 30, 2009

My Journey begins thanks to The Pioneer Woman

I have always wanted to blog, but I could never muster the courage to take the leap. Thanks to The Pioneer Woman today is the day! Last night was The Pioneer Woman's cookbook signing. I stood in line with two sweet friends for an hour and fifteen minutes for a glimpse and an autograph of a real life food hero!! I must confess that I did not meet, nor obtain an autograph of said food hero. I threw in the towel. (Note to self: don't wear high heel boots when you planning on standing around for hours!) However, my fearless friends braved the long and winding line for the prize. Four hours later they had autographs and pictures to prove it! Way to go girls.

So what does that have to do with blogging? I have decided in honor of The Pioneer Woman and in the spirit of Julie and Julia (the movie) I am going to make every recipe in The Pioneer Woman's new cookbook. I can hear all my friends right now falling out of their chairs!!!! Those who know me know that I don't cook. I love to bake, but would rather clean toilets than cook. (Just keeping it real!) So, this will be a huge challenge for me. I am bringing you along for the ride. I am going to blog about my journey through the cookbook.

I am still somewhat apprehensive about blogging and privacy. So, I am going to go by my childhood nickname-Missy. I live in the bible belt with my husband and two boys. As if chasing a 10 & 2 year old was not enough, I just applied to grad school! Come follow me as I learn to cook!

Missy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment